Thursday, August 23, 2012

I Love Memphis

The homie Codak was in Memphis visiting, so AudRoc and I hopped on the road and went to rock a production with him and Paser. I wanted to incorporate some of the sports teams from Memphis' past.
Defunct sports teams interest me a lot.
The hat on top of the "R" is the logo from Memphis' old Americn Basketball Association team, The Tams. I bought the card below for cheap on ebay while researching cause I liked the look. Turns out George Thompson had a son while playing for Memphis. He named his son George Thompson Jr, but he is also known as Ewok-MSK (2:12).
 The 2 is based on the "S" in the logo for the USFL Memphis Showboats. They played football in the Liberty Bowl and would sell that stadium out! The Showboats also drafted Reggie White out of University of Tennessee. Check out the vintage Showboats hat I scored (1984).
The "Smoking Native American" logo in the "X" is from the old minor league baseball team the Memphis Chicks (short for Chickasaw). I heard at the games the Indian mascot actually ran around with a big cigar! Bo Jackson played for the Chicks before he made it to the Kansas City Royals.


No comments:

Post a Comment