Saturday, August 13, 2011

Count Bass D - Rex2 - Richmond, VA 2001

Count Bass D is the homie. One of the many I first met at SFF. We don't stay in close touch, but we will run into each other randomly from time to time and catch up. I've interviewed him for CONCRETE Magazine once also. He is an artist, producer, DJ, husband, father and all around amazing spirit. This won't be the only post that will include Count Bass D. COUNT BASS D TWITTER


That said, this was at a hip-hop jam in Richmond , Virginia in 2001. It was my first time there. (side note: This trip is also when I linked up with D.O.S. crew in person. They were having an "art party" at a crew member's apt. I also met Reup and some other cool Virgina writers.) I (and Scar1.0) had been invited to paint 8'x8' plywood panels. Instead of just doing a piece inside a square, I brought along a jigsaw and drill. I put my sketch up, then I cut the piece out. The "X" was a little taller than what the panel would allow, so I attached some of the cut-away, scrap wood and made it tall enough to complete the letter. It didn't take that long, and I finished with time to spare.

So I got some Jack Daniel's and kicked it. Some point during kicking it, I ran into Count. I was stoked to see him. He was booked to perform at the jam. We hung out for a while. He even drank some Jack from the bottle with me. While hanging out I took a picture of him in front of my piece.

I'll probably run into him again soon at THIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment