Friday, August 19, 2011

Mack-TITS, Jeka, Rex2-TM - Seattle 2000

In March 2000, Jeka and I took a trip out to Seattle to visit our crew mate Joel Trussell (N-Sack). Joel was just getting his animation career started. Before we arrived, I hooked up (via snail mail) with Mack, a local writer who said he'd help us paint in Seattle. While there he took us to Redmond, Washington (home of Microsoft & Nintendo America) to paint a wall next to the public skatepark. The Jeka piece is so burning! It was one of the last ones he did. I remember Mack and me saying something like, 'Thanks for going so big Jeka.' Haha! Mack was real cool, but over the years we lost touch.


Shortly after our visit, Mack sent a package to Show & Prove Magazine. In the letter he tells how he just got put down with Bay Area graffiti crew T.I.T.S. Fast forward to today and Mack is better known by his real name Marek Grubel and is the owner of international street wear brand T.I.T.S. (Two In The Shirt). He has really blown that shit up!


Some of the original TITS crew members feel slighted, but I give Marek his props for what he has accomplished in the business realm. Many a great idea doesn't go anywhere. He made that company big with planning and execution.


While in Seattle we mostly hung out with Joel and Kelly. We did karaoke, went snowboarding, went to the top of the space needle, rode the monorail, went to the fish market and more. That trip was blast. The tiny picture (stuck to half a Rex2 pic) is from some photo booth. Notice the graffiti background we chose (Sup!). I had this combo-thing stuck to my old computer monitor for years. Good Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment