Monday, August 15, 2011

Mines & Dark - Reconnecting


Dark and Mines came down from Louisville and were the featured artists at Cypher Sunday (Aug 14). It was cool to see them again after all these years. I met them each under way different circumstances. How and when I met Dark is another story, for now I'm going to focus on Mines.



I first met Mines in 2002 in St. Louis. I had traveled there with Elk (El Kamino) in plans of painting at Paint Louis. Unfortunately the city had cancelled the event. We didn't know until we got there. We still wanted to paint, so someone (probably Mike 2600 aka Pharoe) guided us to a chill spot under a bridge.

While Elk and I were painting a group of guys came up to paint also. One of the guys was Mines. He was still living in St. Paul, Minnesota at the time. We all introduced ourselves and chatted throughout the time we painted. I was real excited also, because Stun, a legendary St. Louis writer who had been severely beaten and suffered permanent brain damage, was also there painting. It was his first time painting since the viscous attack (probably 12 months earlier). I exchanged info with Mines to trade flicks and shortly after a package came to the Show & Prove Magazine PO Box. Below is a few of the photos and the letter he sent.


He also dropped this little gem in the package.

No comments:

Post a Comment